One for the lawyers?

Due to the telecommunications industry slow down in recent months I was surplussed along with other senior structural engineers.

The question I have is now that I am no longer part of that company and not able to oversee the projects that I have sealed, how do I protect myself? What if the structural department was all of a sudden gone tommorrow, or the company does not handle things properly for one reason or another.

I would more than likely get dragged into any legal matters. I am no longer under that companies umbrella.

Should the company reseal all of the documents under my license? Write me an indemnification letter? What is the best procedure for all parties involved.