Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: One for the lawyers?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
     By analogy, this may be the proper thing to do in this case except instead of the court, write to the building official that has jurisdiction.


-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)>
To: seaint(--nospam--at) <seaint(--nospam--at)>
Date: Monday, March 12, 2001 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: One for the lawyers?

>Speaking of lawyers, that's precisely what you do if you don't pay your bill to
>them (in the U.S. at least). They write a letter to the court, informing them
>that as they are not being paid, they consider they are no long attorney of
>record for the now-former client.
>sscholl2(--nospam--at) wrote:
>> This is similar to projects which we do and do not get fully paid.
>> We inform the approving agency that we are no longer the engineer of
>> record.