RE: Scour

I've seen a large scour hole under a pier be filled with tremie concrete
which displaced water and filled the scour hole with concrete.  Concrete
bags filled with a dry mix specifically design for underwater applications
was used for a stay in place type form to control the flow of the tremie.
The bags were stacked in an overlapping manner and long dowels driven
through them after each level.  Large rip-rap was placed against sections of
stacked bags which appear vulnerable to blowout.