FW: [AEC-Residential] Beach House Foundation

From: Gary Gill [mailto:Gary_Gill(--nospam--at)BKITECH.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 10:16 AM
To: 'aec-residential(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc'; 'sharknes(--nospam--at)watkins.dillingham.com'
Subject: [AEC-Residential] Beach House Foundation

Any suggestions on which type of foundation needed for a beach house. The
house will be elevated about 10 ft above grade and supported by 16"x16" cmu
piers/columns. The pier are spaced 10 ft apart more or less. There will be a
slab on ground. The client will have the capability of parking vehicles
under the house. I'm thinking that I will have individual footings for the
interior/outside piers (the wind load is take by the outside piers) with
grade beams to tie everything together. The client does not want any brace
bracing. The outside pier and footing will be design like a flag pole. Any
suggestions or better ways of designing the foundations. Driven piles is not
an option.

TIA