Re: NEW ACI 355.2- BIG CHANGES LIKELY FO

I would like to echo Mark Gilligan's comments.  Lawsuits are public records
and the information should be available without getting permission of any of
the parties!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

--------------Begin Referenced Message--------------

I am baffled by the reluctance to name the firm that filed suit against
ACI.

>>> I e-mailed that manufacturer to make sure that they wanted to be  named
and
haven't heard back yet.  For now, I'll just say that they're very well
known.<<<

It is my understanding that all such legal filings are considered public
record.  You should not file a suit unless you are willing to have that
information in the public record.  I believe some  disclosure is in order.

I would prefer that this issue not be resolved by intimidation (i.e. legal
action or the threat of legal action) or  innuendo.  What I would like to
hear are some facts and the viewpoints of all parties.

>>> It is hard to generalize completely here, but adhesive anchors (epoxy
and
other), drop in anchors, self-drill anchors, and most wedge anchors will
either not pass or have problems passing these tests. <<<

I would   appreciate specific information so that I can make an informed
technical opinion.

----------------End Referenced Message------------