RE: ACI 355.2 - issue - THE BIGGER QUESTION ON CODE CREATION

Dennis stated:

>>>So how does something like this get so far out of hand before it makes
it to
the attention of the professional community. <<<

Are we jumping to conclusions?  So far we have heard only the concerns and
objections of certain interested parties.  Dennis do you understand the
nature of the concerns of the authors of the provisional standard?

While I hear the concern about engineers not knowing about problrem until
it is too late, it should be noted that in this case the manufactuers that
are complaining about the results have known of the issue for some time.
ACI has already taken steps to respond to the concerns that were raised.
It is only when they did not get there way that they are bringing the issue
to our attention.

Until we hear a defense of the provisional standard we risk making a
decision based on hearing only one side of the argument.

I am still not hearing any significant objective information regarding the
nature of the problem.

Mark Gilligan