From: Rodriguez, Marlou [mailto:mrodriguez(--nospam--at)BiggsCardosa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 5:39 PM
To: 'SEAINT Newslist'
Subject: 1997 UCBC Section A506.3 Development of Anchor Loads into Diaphragm

1997 UCBC Section A506.3 "Development of Anchor Loads into the Diaphragm"
last paragraph states:

...At re-entrant corners where continuity collectors do not exist, they
shall be provided.  New collectors shall be designed to the capacity
required to develop into the diaphragm of a force equal to the lesser of the
rocking or shear capacity of the re-entrant wall, or the tributary shear.

Can any direct me on how to correctly calculate the "rocking" of a
re-entrant corner wall.  I can't seem to find any example or direction
anywhere.

Thanks

Marlou B. Rodriguez
Biggs Cardossa Associates Inc.
Structural Engineers
1871 The Alameda, Suite 200
San Jose, California 95126
408-296-5515 Fax 408-296-8114
http://www.biggscardosa.com

Note:  The opinions that I write are my opinions and
are not necessarily the opinions of BCA or projects
associated with BCA.