From: Panos Trochalakis [mailto:panost(--nospam--at)ckcps.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 2:00 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Rebar Grades

Another resource is FEMA 273, NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic
Rehabilitation of Buildings. Look at Tables 6-1 and 6-2. Table 6-1 lists
available grades by years. Table 6-2 lists by ASTM designations. Also, they
used to call rebar grades out by a title rather than yield stress. The
grades available were Structural (33ksi yield), Intermediate (40 ksi) and
Hard (50 ksi). The FEMA tables show that the 33 ksi yield bars were
available until 1966.