RE: cement dust explosion hazard

Ken,

Yes, cement dust in the presence of a source of ignition carries a potential
explosion hazard if the concentration in the air is too high. Flammability
varies with the type of cement. Check on the MSDS (Material Safety Data
Sheet) for the cement you intend to stock at the distribution terminal for
more details. You can obtain this MSDS from the cement
manufacturer/distributors. Good housekeeping procedures are required to
minimize this potential hazard.

Engr. I. A. Ayeni, MNSE, MNIOB, MNIStructE, COREN & CORBON Registered
Escravos Construction Unit,
Facilities Engineering Division,
Chevron Nigeria Limited
P. O. Box 12825,