Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 8:51 PM
Subject: Camber in Glulam

Is it required to camber the glulam to 1.5 x the dead load deflection.  The roof slope is 1/2": 1 ft.  If I satisfied the minimum required slope of 1/4":1ft, can I eliminate the camber?  Even if it deflect by 1.5 x DL deflection the slope will still be greater than the minimum slope.

Is there any other criteria aside from ponding that will require cambering of glulam beam?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.