RE: ACI procedures for 355.2 test method

With all due respect, the only way to obtain information from ACI is to pay
for it. There are only abstracts of documents that are not available to
those of use who might design anchors but who do very little concrete design
other than a slab on grade or retaining wall.
This is a very good example of why a reference library is necessary.
Professionals who seek information from ACI are locked out from the
information unless they are willing to purchase ACI's side of the argument
or to become a member - and then many of the documents are not available
without charge.
Now if the cost of a publication were "reasonable" there may be no argument,
but if you choose to download the PDF copy of RPRNTP-2903 which is the
reprint of "The Benefits of the Maturity Method for Cold-Weather Concreting"
you will need to pay $20.00 for the pleasure of reading the document.
You can read the "Technical Committee Manual" online for free, but this
document is only a procedural manual as to how the committee structure
works.
There are a few drafts available online which can be viewed or downloaded
for free (such as ACI 350.3-01).
A search for 355.2 in the Research Database yields "No items matching your
search criteria were found. Click Search again to enter new choices."

I might be unreasonable, but it would seem to me that if ACI would really
like us to know their position on expansion anchors rather than, as some
claimed to "Ram down our collective throats" they might make the information
accessible and available to the professional community without trying to
charge an admission fee in the mean time.

I doubt that there is an engineer in practice who could financially afford
to own all the necessary tools of their trade as they would be collecting
fee's for work in one hand and paying out for reference materials from the
other. Maybe professional organizations should start doing their own
engineering, but I'm most likely to be spammed for such blatant comments.

Dennis S. Wish, PE