RE: storage racks with partially restrained moment connections - wind frame analysis in high seismic zones

>In Southern California where I have worked for the past 20 years! Racks
are
plan checked and also inspected by the building depts.<

I also practice extensively in So. Cal. We're better than most, but I can
assure you that less than 1/3 of the racks in any given area have proper
engineering and permits. Outside SoCal, it's probably less than 10%.
Unfortunately, the ease of assembly, also makes for ease in bootlegging.

I wish it wern't so, but that's my experience.

Peter S. Higgins, SE