Re: storage racks with partially restrained moment connections - wind frame analysis in high seismic zones

> automotive windshields and large laminated plate stored in
pallets.  You are correct in that the sealed pallets did not fly off the
shelves.  The problem was that the pallets were routinely opened and slowly
depleted as stock shipments were required.  This was an end-distribution
facility that supplied the typical glass shops you see around town. <

Paul,

I agree totally. This is a major problem. I require all my retail warehouse
type clients to shrink wrap any broken pallet more than 6-7" above the
floor before opening the store. Most of them do it pretty well, and it does
work. The rest are on their own.

Peter Higgins, SE