RE: storage racks with partially restrained moment connections - wind frame analysis in high seismic zones

Peter,

No fishing for me.

The NEHRP went forward with the 1997 RMI, but consensus codes are a bit more
of an issue.  The UBC and ASCE 7 also include non-consensus standards, but
the lack of ANSI accreditation makes them nervous.  ANSI accreditation or
not, good engineering is good engineering and the 1997 RMI was a marked
improvement over 1990 for seismic.  Especially since the 1990 RMI had
nothing.

It is odd that we argue on one hand to be unencumbered by codes, but we tend
to do the minimum that is in the code as opposed to what is good practice.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague