From: "Sprague, Harold O." <SpragueHO(--nospam--at)bv.com>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: storage racks with partially restrained moment connections -

The problem is that if the facility is existing, and racks are moved,
removed, or replaced; a building permit may or may not be required.
Southern California municipalities might require inspection, but how is this
triggered, and documented for existing construction?  It is an easy trigger
for new construction, but the existing construction trigger is not clear to
me in the UBC or in the Blue Book.
[snip]
What do the other Southern California jurisdictions do?  Any other building
officials out there today?

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague TS13 Chair 1994-2000