Online Publication for Download "Wood Truss Permanent Web Bracing Design"

The following document has been posted for review and comment by the professional community on the Structuralist.Net Discussion forum. Click Here to Retrieve ! You may post responses to the document directly on the discussion forum where it will be monitored by Frank Woeste,PE.
If you have a publication for posting to the professional community, the Structuralist.Net Web services will accommodate your needs by providing a discussion forum for the retrieval of the document and for posting of comments and discussions. Submit your paper to admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net in either PDF, HTML, RTF or DOC (Word) format. Other formats can be converted, but I can not guarantee conversion to your satisfaction. I will however, allow you to review prior to publication. For those concerned, I am able to restrict PDF files from possible modifications by adding security to the documents. If you would prefer, we can post the document on the Website for online review and can provide security measures to prevent the downloading, printing or modifications to the document using Adobe Acrobat 4.05 security provisions.
Please include an Abstract to be published on the discussion forum and all appropriate references to authors and publication copyrights that are to be included in the document.

NOTE: Documents are reviewed for appropriateness and accuracy. We will discuss any questionable documents with you to insure accuracy of the information prior to publications. All published documents are referenced to an appropriate discussion forum for discussion, comment, constructive critism etc.

Dennis S Wish, PE
Administrator for the Structuralist.Net
http://www.structuralist.net
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net

Wood Truss Permanent Web Bracing Design

by

F. E. Woeste, P. E.     C. R. Underwood       J. D. Dolan, P. E.

Abstract:

The number of required  continuous lateral braces (CLB’s) required for stabilizing roof truss webs can be minimized at the truss design stage.  Several ideas are presented to minimize the number of webs needed to be braced by CLB’s and companion diagonal braces.  Options to the CLB web bracing approach are presented.  A design procedure for a web braced with one CLB  and a diagonal brace at some interval is demonstrated.  For the case of one web braced by two CLB’s at the 3rd points, the required bracing force to stabilize the web is reported and a design procedure is summarized.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply visit our discussion forums at"

Our Residential Listservice is open to all professionals in the building industry and the discussions include code compliance issues as well as quality of construction, prescriptive vs. full compliance, present and future code development and more. The AEC-Residential List is by subscription (always free). To subscribe use the AutoList subscription webpage located at: