Online Publication for Download "Wood Truss Permanent Web Bracing Design"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listservice" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, <aec-residential(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Subject: Online Publication for Download "Wood Truss Permanent Web Bracing Design"
- From: "Structuralist" <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:58:04 -0800
Wood Truss Permanent Web Bracing Design
F. E. Woeste, P. E. C. R. Underwood J. D. Dolan, P. E.
The number of required continuous lateral braces (CLB’s) required for stabilizing roof truss webs can be minimized at the truss design stage. Several ideas are presented to minimize the number of webs needed to be braced by CLB’s and companion diagonal braces. Options to the CLB web bracing approach are presented. A design procedure for a web braced with one CLB and a diagonal brace at some interval is demonstrated. For the case of one web braced by two CLB’s at the 3rd points, the required bracing force to stabilize the web is reported and a design procedure is summarized.
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply visit our discussion forums at"
NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER (FREE) WITH THE SITE TO POST REPLIES OR MESSAGES.
Our Residential Listservice is open to all professionals in the building industry and the discussions include code compliance issues as well as quality of construction, prescriptive vs. full compliance, present and future code development and more. The AEC-Residential List is by subscription (always free). To subscribe use the AutoList subscription webpage located at:
- Prev by Subject: Online course providers for structural engineers
- Next by Subject: Open Web Joists/Structural Steel Shapes Lead Times
- Previous by thread: RE: Fire Resistance Ratings
- Next by thread: Perforated Shearwall Adjustment Factor reference