Perforated Shearwall Adjustment Factor reference

Where can I find the derivation of the values for the Perforated
Shearwall Adjustment Factor. I had found a reference that calls out
Douglas, Bradford K., and Sugiyama, H. 1995 Perforated Shearwall Design
Approach. American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA), Washington, DC.

Has anyone reviewed this approach to assure that it is truly a
conservative approach to short-cutting the perforated shearwall
analysis?

David Merrick, SE
mrkgp(--nospam--at)pacbell.net