RE: Perforated Shearwall Adjustment Factor reference

David,
I've posted a number of documents on the Structuralist.Net Professional Forum/Technical Discussions / Perforated Shearwall Forum. Click here to launch the Perforated Shearwall Forum.

Possibly these documents published by Virginia Polytechnic Institute and the State University under grants from AF&PA and NAHB should provide some of the information that you need. The following documents can be found on this Forum site:

American Forest and Paper Association
  • Monotonic Connection Tests:
    Monotonic and Cyclic Tests to Determine Short-Term load Duration Performance of Nail and Bolt Connections, Vol I: Summary Report
  • SPD Cyclic Connections Tests:
    Determination of Short-Term Duration-of-Load Performance of Nailed and Bolted Connections Using Sequential Phased Displacement Tests, Volume I: Summary Report
  • Monotonic Shear Wall Tests:
    Monotonic Tests of Long Shear Walls with Openings
  • SPD Shear Wall Tests:
    Cyclic Tests of Long Shear Walls with Openings

    National Association of Home Builders:

  • SPD Shear Wall Tests:
    Sequential Phased Displacement Tests of Wood-framed Shear Walls with Corners
    Sequential Phased Displacement Cyclic Tests of Wood-framed Shear Walls with Openings and Base Restraint Configurations
  • Monotonic Shear Wall Tests:
    Monotonic Tests of Wood-framed Shear Walls with Various Openings and Base Restraint Configurations

    Wood Truss Engineering and Construction:

  • Structural Composite Lumber
    Connection Design Methodology for Structural Composite Lumber
  • Wood Truss Bracing:
    Wood Truss Bracing - Bracing Responsibilities when using Metal-Plate Connected Wood Trusses
  • Reducing Residential Floor Vibrations
    Reducing Floor Vibrations

    Footnotes:
    1Report No. TE-1996-001 Monotonic Tests of Long Shear Walls with Openings by: J.D. Dolan Assoc. Professor of Wood Engineering. Submitted to: The American Forest & Paper Association, Washington D.C. on June 16, 1997 See Link Above.
    1Report No. TE-1996-002 Cyclic Tests of Long Shear Walls with Openings by: J.D. Dolan Assoc. Professor of Wood Engineering. Submitted to: The American Forest & Paper Association, Washington D.C. on June 20, 1997 - See Link Above

  • Regards,
    Dennis S. Wish, PE
    The Structuralist Administrator for:
    http://www.structuralist.net