Re: Perforated Shearwall Adjustment Factor reference

David, contact Brad Douglas, PE at American Forest & Paper Assn./American
Wood Council. He prepared the technical paper that you referenced, and which
was published in AF&PA/AWC Technical Meeting background info a couple of
years ago. Design based on the code-recognized method, which is derived from
original formulas developed by Dr. Sugiyama, is more conservative than the
original, because of the way that dimensions of openings are taken into
account (to simplify the development of tabulated adjustment values).  His
e-mail address is Brad_Douglas(--nospam--at)afandpa.org.
John Rose/APA (retired)