Re: Perforated Shearwall Adjustment Factor reference

I believe you are interested in APA 157 (?) that conducted testing on
perforated shearwall theory and methodologies that were authored by
Matsumoto & Sugiyama in the mid 90s.  If I might parphrase (and risk
further exposure of ignorance), previous ATC research had indicated
verendial truss mechanics were considered applicable to the analysis and
performance of perforated shearwall systems.  Sugiyama & Matsumoto
extrapolated that seed into a comprehensive research project to predict and
verify shearwall performance...perhaps after further testing by the FDA, et
al,  the laws of physics will be recognized by the rest of the universe and
undiluted verendial truss mechanics will be accepted for perforated
shearwall design.