Concrete: Shrinkage limit of .048?

Our specifications call for shrinkage of concrete to not exceed .048% at 28
days.  We have a project for which the supplier is saying he cannot meet
that requirement because of the locally available aggregate-he is saying we
will get .065%.  The supplier and the project are located at an elevation of
about 6000 feet, so the cost to import the required aggregate is
substantial.  The concrete is 3000 psi, subjected to potential freeze thaw
conditions at the perimeter of the buildings.

I have been unable to locate the source of that shrinkage requirement, or
any recommendations as to what is acceptable.   If anyone has any
information or suggestions we would greatly appreciate your imput.

Joyce Fuss
Structural Engineer
Lionakis Beaumont Design Group
phone: (916)558-1900