RE: Concrete: Shrinkage limit of .048?

Joyce,

I have heard this from many suppliers all over the world.  And we always are
able to reduce the shrinkage.

Number 1 do ask the question of why you have the shrinkage requirement of
0.048%.  Secondly if the requirement is needed.  It is likely that it can be
obtained with the proper mix design.  There are many other variables that
can be controlled that contribute to shrinkage.

Where is this work being done?  I may be able to recommend someone that can
design a mix that can give you the performance that you need.  Let the
supplier pay a more competent mix designer.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague