From: M Lin [mailto:mnlin99(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 4:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Metal Deck "18 GA HSB-36 Deck" (2)

Thanks for everyone who gives me the answer in my last enquiry.

I have another question. According to the Vertical Load Table of 18 GA
HSB-36, at span 10 ft, continuous 3 or more spans, the allowable slab UDL is

only 37 psf (for limit of deflection to L/240), which I guess also including

the roofing and self weight in it, so the actually allowable extra loading
is only 25 to 28 psf. This is very small. The roof design load for live load

is normally 25 psf and snow load 25 psf. Then these two have added up to 50
psf, already overstress the roof slab.  Am I right here? Or something I
missed?

Thanks again for answer.

Melina Lin P.E.
SpectraSite Communications