Re: FW: seismic at retaining wall

I believe AASHTO has guidelines for calculating active seismic pressure on
retaining wall.  Regarding load combinations, AASHTO/BDS load combination
can be followed.
Since Caltrans always requires seismic force to be included in the design
of abutments and similar structures, geotechnical engineers in their report
include seismic active pressures for Caltrans project. For ordinary
building projects, I have never seen geotechnical engineers mention the
words 'active seismic pressure' anywhere in the report, even for mojor
retaining walls. They however never forget to recommend 33% increase in
allowable bearing capacity for wind/seismic load cases. Seems kind or
uncomplete report...