Re: FW: seismic at retaining wall

> building projects, I have never seen geotechnical engineers mention the
> words 'active seismic pressure' anywhere in the report, even for mojor
> retaining walls. They however never forget to recommend 33% increase in
> allowable bearing capacity for wind/seismic load cases. Seems kind or
> uncomplete report...

I don't know that I've specifically heard "active seismic pressure"
mentioned in
a report, even though that is what it is.  What I have heard mentioned is
something similar to the following.  "For seismic events, these pressures
should be increased by 25 pcf."  Meaning that the pressures given for a
normal

Dan Goodrich, P.E.