RE: Cost Analysis

Title: RE: Cost Analysis

as former lead cost engineer, i have done many of these comparisons.
in our area (no union),
composite floor wins virtually every time basically because of the cost of the fireproofing.  you are probably having to fireproof the deck in the joist example, but not in the composite example.  we design the composite systems such that shoring is not required.  that would probably bring them closer together.  and yes, our comparisons include the column/footing size increases due to heavier DL on the composite system.

suggest doing a typical bay study to include all elements of both proposed UL assemblies to include column typical and footing increase.  rather simple exercise and maybe you can get all parties to agree upon the unit prices before you do it, then there is nothing left to dispute if you can count the quantities . . .

r o b e r t   d.   r o l l o

Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc.

4222 85th st

Lubbock, Texas 79423