Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 6:28 AM
Subject: RE: Wage Busting

We've found that the so-called "over qualified/senior" workers aren't
interested in designing buildings.

They want to "manage projects"; own a piece of my firm; get paid a lot of
money and tell me how to run my business.

American "mid-level" people aren't available....we've posted well paying
project engineer level job opportunities
on both the internet and in the Chicago Tribune; so we've made the jobs
available to US engineers...the best qualified resumes we've
gotten have been from overseas.

In accordance with the INS H1-B visa provisions, we pay competitive salaries
(frankly, much more than market rate here in Chicago)
to those we bring in from overseas. They work very hard and have a hell of a
lot less baggage.

David L. Fisher, SE,PE