Re: W8 Reinforcement

Is the W8 existing? If so, what is it doing there? Is
the pipe Perpendicular or parralle to the beam? If the
beam is inside a building, you might brace the beam
web to the roof purlins at periodic intervals.
However, in this arrangement, some load will be
transferred to the purlin through the braces. Purlin
will need to be checked. What other information  can
you provide?

Rajendran