From: Structuralist [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 4:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wage Busting

Scott,
The way the law is worded, an employer must be willing to pay the
professional with an H-1b temporary visa the same compensation that is paid
to any permanent employee in the firm. In other words, the law is written
with the intention of preventing a wage decrease.
However, this may not be realistic as the employer can advertise for the
professional based on never having hired for a similar position before and
may be allowed to advertise the wage at an unreasonably low price.
Again, my point is to rid the industry of abuse of the law rather than to
assume the intent was other than honorable to begin with.

Dennis S. Wish, PE