RE: Wage Busting

"Once again, they do NOT work for less..."

"They (U.S. workers) want to "manage projects"; own a piece of my firm; get paid a lot of money and tell me how to run my business."

It certainly appears that you want to give them less, even if the base salary that you are offering is similar. You have indicated that you are not interested in offering a comparable level of advancement potential, respect, or respondsibility to your foreign workers. Even with that, I still wonder why you threw in the idea above that U.S. workers want to get paid a lot of money if that is not at least part of the issue. When you say they (foreign workers) do NOT work for less, do you mean less than the U.S. workers ask or less than you would in find reasonable? There is a difference, and the above quote makes me wonder which you are thinking of.

"we've posted well paying project engineer level job opportunities on both the internet and in the Chicago Tribune; so we've made the jobs available to US engineers...the best qualified resumes we've gotten have been from overseas."

This is a public forum, and if someone hears a company owner griping about how U.S. worker want advancement potential, personal respondsibility, and good pay (what talented professional doesn't want those things) it could certainly affect their interesting in responding to ads. You might want to keep that in mind before griping too much about U.S. workers on this listserve. The best, most experienced engineers in their field will always move to those jobs where they feel they have a chance at management, profit sharing, and high pay; all the things that you indicate upset you about them. If you are unwilling to offer these benefit and seek foreign engineers to avoid it, how is that not wage busting?