Re: W8 Reinforcement

Mike,

I see two possibilities

1.)	Turn the W8 on its side and use it as a catenary.  Expect high
anchor forces; or put it below the pipe and connect the two to use the
pipe to take the anchor forces.

2.)	Connect it to the pipe with stubs to make a truss or Vierendeel
girder using the pipe as one chord.

	What about lateral forces?

	If you do decide to take it down to reinforce it you should probably
change it for the right size beam.

	Good luck.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson