RE: storage racks with partially restrained moment connections - wind frame analysis in high seismic zones

Howard:

Where are the bodies? Where are the bodies? Where are the bodies?   I cannot
believe that wholesale retail warehouses have been going up for how long now
in high seismic zones?  They are dangerous in high seismic zones.  It sounds
to me like your committee is on the right track.

I heard that in some other countries bridge designers have to stand under
thier bridges when the traffic starts.  Why not include a new code
requirement to have rack designers stand next to thier racks in earthquakes?

Respectfully,

Scott M Haan  P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division http://www.muni.org/building,