Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
But if there are too many letters it looks just plain silly, except for on
formal occasions.

John Smith, P.E., S.E., FASCE, L.S., Ph.D.

Jason W. Kilgore, P.E.
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
(816) 444-3144
----- Original Message -----
From: <sscholl2(--nospam--at)>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

> I guess that "certified engineer" is the same as P.E., although we don't
> use the term "certified engineer".
> We write: John Smith, P.E.  and if a PhD, we might add that also. Also if
> a licensed Land Surveyor, we would add L.S. and if a licensed structural
> engineer (a separate license) we would add S.E. after P.E.
> We might also add FASCE for Fellow in the American Society of Civil
> Engineers.
> Stan Scholl, P.E., FASCE
> Laguna Beach, CA