Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

>Is Certified Civil Engineer the same as P.E.?
>Another thing, would you write John Smith, Ph.D. CivEng or would you omit
>CivEng?

The P.E. designation is used exclusively for engineers who are licensed
by the state to offer engineering services to the public at large. The
P.E. designation is always used when certifying documents. There are a
number of other designations used for technical specialties, but none
carry any legal cachet. My own feeling is that conveying authority by
stringing more than one set of initials after one's name is somewhat
pretentious.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw