Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: cathodic protection

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
To Kenneth,

	If you're going so far as to replace the structure you might consider
fibreglass reinforced plastic.  I'm presently reviewing a design for
such a building supplied out of the U.S.A. for installation in Canada. 
The design engineer is John M. Clark, P.E., telephone (281) 292-2280 fax
(281) 292-2281.  I'm sure John would welcome inquiries.


				H. Daryl Richardson

Ken Peoples wrote:
> We have been asked to evaluate some very deteriorated structures that
> are subjected to a Sulfur Nitrogen solution that accelerates
> deterioration.  Many members have already been replaced with stainless
> steel but there are so many badly deteriorated members now, that it
> seems to make sense to replace the entire structure.  Replacing the
> existing steel with stainless steel would be quite costly and the lack
> of wide flange shapes in stainless makes it even more difficult.  I
> would like to know if any of you could comment on the possibility of
> using cathodic protection for a situation such as this - (assuming
> that all of the existing steel is replaced with new steel).  Are there
> any companies in the eastern PA area that would design and install the
> system?
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Ken Peoples
> Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
> Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
> 1584 Weaversville Road
> Northampton, PA 18067-9039
> ph: 610-262-6345
> fax: 610-262-8188
> e-mail: kpeoples(--nospam--at)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - Get email at your own domain with
> Yahoo! Mail.