Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
The thing is, I am writing a brochure where I need to state that several
colleagues are P.E.'s. But, the brochure should be in English but it is not
intended for US only, but also for England, Canada, Germany, Italy etc.
Therefore, what I am actually asking is whether a term Certified Civil
Engineer or P.E. would be understandable to everyone or if someone will
laugh me out loud.

Jelena Bleiziffer

----- Original Message -----
From: <sscholl2(--nospam--at)>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

> I guess that "certified engineer" is the same as P.E., although we don't
> use the term "certified engineer".
> We write: John Smith, P.E.  and if a PhD, we might add that also. Also if
> a licensed Land Surveyor, we would add L.S. and if a licensed structural
> engineer (a separate license) we would add S.E. after P.E.
> We might also add FASCE for Fellow in the American Society of Civil
> Engineers.
> Stan Scholl, P.E., FASCE
> Laguna Beach, CA