"Applebox" concrete formwork

I am interested in any links to information about 'lost-falsework' methods
for CIP concrete decks to provide an economical means to provide a raised
finish slab over a two-way girder system.  As I understand the method,
sturdy cardboard boxes are set over a prepared base pad (crushed rock over
subgrade) in an array to create a symetrical girder field.  The boxes are
covered with light plastic and dusted with sand to stabilize the array.
Perimeter formwork parallels the envelope of the array to determine the
width of the exterior girders and the height of the finish slab.   Actual
box selection determined by required depth of girders and/or desired
height.

THIA