Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

Jelena,

Have you considered saying something like:

"Complies with Engineering Practice requirements of: ...", or,

"Meets Engineering Practice requirements of: ...", or,

"Certified/Authorized to Practice Engineering in: ..." and
then list the countries or states.

In the U.S., each state has its own engineering registration requirements and
you have to registered in a state to practice in that state.  People
registered in more than one state will usually append the state abbreviation
after "P.E.", or, if registered in many states, may just list the number of
states.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jelena Bleiziffer wrote:

. > The thing is, I am writing a brochure where I need to state that several
. > colleagues are P.E.'s. But, the brochure should be in English but it is
. > not intended for US only, but also for England, Canada, Germany, Italy
. > etc. Therefore, what I am actually asking is whether a term Certified
. > Civil Engineer or P.E. would be understandable to everyone or if someone
. > will laugh me out loud.

Jelena Bleiziffer