Post-tensioned Slab on ground

Boy, if you don't have tendon sheathing (cover) over the entire length of
tendon, you're going to have one helluva time tensioning the tendon over its
entire length.  Your elongation vs. gage pressure are not going to match,
also.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Hadi Tabatabaee wrote:

. > I am in process of checking a post tensioned on ground. The design
. > engineer is in opinion that the requirement of section 1918 (97 UBC),
. > specifically, section 1918.14.2, "Tendon cover shall be continuous over
. > entire length to be unbounded, and prevent intrusion of cement paste or
. > loss of coating materials during concrete placement."

. > The design engineer, feels "Design and construction of Post-Tensioned
. > Slabs-on-Ground" Manual by the Post-Tensioned Institute should be used.

. > My point is that since state did not adopted  this manual , therefore, the
. > UBC sec. 1918 does governs and can not accept less restricted requirement.

. > Is there any other opinion out-there?

. > Hadi Tabatabaee, P.E.
. > Building Official
. > City of Fullerton (hadit(--nospam--at)ci.fullerton.ca.us)