concrete foundation recommendation (repeat)

I had computer problems and lost all my emails yesterday so I'm posting this
question again.

Does anyone have suggestions or solutions to correct this problem?  A
residential poured concrete foundation was to be 9 feet height and the mason
poured only an 8 foot height foundation wall. The owners want 9 feet so the
mason is going to pour a one foot height section on top. Any suggestions on
bonding the two concrete sections together. Has anyone else ever encountered
this?

Thanks

John G.