Wage Busting, H-1B and other stuff

Attention  SEAINT members:

I have been following the  thread of messages generated by the AEA  Press
release  on WAGE BUSTING    (  go to  www.aea.org    for more info)

I would like to add to the discussion by adding the following references

I add to the discussion  by offer the following:

 I've  been reading various accounts of  engineering shortages   (primarily
in the Hi-Tech  -  IT  industry)   Some of these reports  claim  shortages
of as many as  "500,000 technical vacancies in the U.S..".   One of these
reports appeared in a recent issue of Engineering News Record  (ENR)  though
the source of this claim of 1/2 million vacancies is not identified.

PLEASE  check the following:

http://www.uefoundation.org/report4.html
(Assessing the Demand for Information Technology Workers)

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.real.html
Debunking the Hi-Tech Worker Shortage myth

For a very interesting paper check the following work in progress by
Professor Eric Weinstein

http://nber.nber.org/~peat/PapersFolder/Papers/SG/NSF.html
How and Why Government, Universities, and Industry Create Domestic Labor
Shortages

Finally:

http://www.zazona.com/shameh1b/
HALL OF SHAME

HAS YOUR  COMPANY  made the HALL??

And check the wages.  While many  companies offer competitive salaries,  I
think you might be shocked to see how low  some of the salaries  are.

Also selected references

http://www.ddj.com/articles/2000/0004/0004k/0004k.htm
http://comment.cio.com/soundoff/100400.html
http://www.e-austin.org/techshortage.htm
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/980316/16soft.htm
http://www.house.gov/judiciary/miano.html

These are only some of the websites, sources of information that question the
HI-TECH  worker shortage issue,  wages - Cheap  Labor .

As always,

Bob  Johnson