Re: concrete foundation recommendation (repeat)

surface preparation.
If you you gave him a detail to dowel a grouted CMU wall to a footing, certainly you can give him
a detail to connect another block and a half.
Hopefully, the grout was poured below the top course.

Let the mason get back to work and pour the 'bond beam' he proposed.

JGPE1(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

I had computer problems and lost all my emails yesterday so I'm posting this
question again.

Does anyone have suggestions or solutions to correct this problem?  A
residential poured concrete foundation was to be 9 feet height and the mason
poured only an 8 foot height foundation wall. The owners want 9 feet so the
mason is going to pour a one foot height section on top. Any suggestions on
bonding the two concrete sections together. Has anyone else ever encountered
this?

Thanks

John G.