Re: Exploited H1b worker

>Rather than blaming my employer altogether, I would blame the current
>immigration regulations which allow unscrupulous employers to exploit H1B
>workers.
You're being very generous. Who do you think paid a fat campaign
contribution so the law would be written that way?  Your employer leases
someone in congress and gets a law that lets him hire offshore workers
and not pay prevailing wages. After the economy slows down because people
making minimum wages won't buy his product, he renews the lease and
congress passes a another bill giving the guy a tax break because he's
not making as much money as he wants.

Some people think free markets mean nothing more than screwing their
competition or their work force in accordance with law. If the law were
amended to make the employer hire at the prevailing US wage rate, it'd
still be composting in someone's in-basket somewhere, because the
schlockmeisters wouldn't be interested.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw