RE: Exploited H1b worker

Has it ever occurred to you that the privilege of coming to this country and
obtaining resident alien status might have some intrinsic value?

In other words, that you are being "compensated" to some extent, just by the
privilege of getting your Green Card (which, delays aside--and they're
caused by the huge number of people trying to come into this country, not
the "system" as you try to make out--will happen unless you are a convicted
criminal or something like that) and working here in the U.S. is not to be
taken lightly. You are operating under the rules that were in place before
you got here. Now is not the time to start complaining.

I have to say that for some of us, born-in-the-U.S.A. types, we detect a
distinct lack of any measure of gratitude on the part of those who want to
come to the greatest nation on earth.

I fully and forcefully respect and defend your right to be here. This nation
is a nation of immigrants. But don't complain about the fact that you're not
being handed the whole thing on a silver platter. Our forebears had to make
sacrifices to come here, and so did the immigrants to this country of every
generation.

You have to pay YOUR dues, too, and I would point out that the price you pay
is much less than what was paid in past generations.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas