RE: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

> Does this mean that I am in
> violation of the local regulations of the 49 states in which I am not
> registered if they have similar language in the registration laws?

No, unless you are holding yourself out as available to do business in any
of those states.

You ARE a "P.E." because you fulfilled the requirements for licensure in
your state. However, if you were to try to say "I'm a P.E. and ready to work
on your job in Arkansas", that would be a violation of the licensure law in
that state.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas