Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] I have been a registered P.E. in the state of  Texas for close to 30 years,
but for the past 28 years I have worked in Florida.  Since I am not
registered in Florida, I can not stamp/sign any drawings in Florida as a P.E.
  In the past I could make the drawings and do the calculations and have a
Florida P.E. stamp/sign all the documents.  Now the signing P.E. must have
been actively and deeply engaged in the calculations and drawings.  This is

In your case I would put your registered state after P.E.  Your boss is the
EOR and as such would be actively and deeply engaged in the drawings and

You could also apply for reciprocity and obtain a Texas P.E.  You probably
would not have any trouble getting the Texas P.E. provided your P.E. was
obtained by passing the EIT and the P.E. exams and your met any other Texas