Re: P.E. vs certified civil engineer

Mr. Norman,

Actually, I am the one who needs to apologize.  The issue of poorly written
laws has been a pet peeve of mine ever since a friend in college was
prosecuted and fined for violating an obscure school rule (one that
"everyone" breaks) simply because he offended someone with the power to
enforce the prosecution.  I admit that I went off half-cocked.

Basically, I should not have assumed that a state registration board would
do something as unprofessional as adopt laws making it illegal for non-CA
licensed engineers to do something as benign as distributing business cards
at a conference.  Especially since the assumption was based on a single,
isolated, and edited passage someone posted.

Thank you for spending the time needed to put forth a very thorough lecture
on the workings on CA licensure law.

----
Jason W. Kilgore, P.E.
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.