RE: FW PE Vs.txt

Hello Sid,

Only local engineers can make thier building departments hire engineers and
do more thorough structural plan checks. The bureaucrats have no pull over
the local politicians, but the contractors do.  It has been my experience
that most of the local contractors would scale back the plan review and they
managed to get licensed engineers less involved with the residential plan
review.   Locally there is a thorough plan check of all disciplines for
commercial permits, but the only reason that this is still there is because
some professionals have argued for it.

Respectfully,

Scott M Haan  P.E.
Plan Review Engineer