Re: Firewalls

Not a good idea.

All epoxies melt, but it depends on how much of it is insulated from the
fire. How could one control insulating finishes? I do not use epoxy anchors
for critical supports of beams to concrete walls but on the other hand I
would not rely on a collapse.

Mechanized collapse could trap persons where otherwise an escape is
possible.

In San Francisco there was a rule that did require that masonry walls must
be able to free stand after a burn-out. The design criteria was to use a
lateral pressure of 5 psf. with all interior wood framed walls removed,
except interior 2 hr. walls. Those interior fire rated walls were used
perpendicular to the wall to support the property line wall after a
burn-out.

I no longer find the burn-out rule in the SF code. Does anyone know why?

David Merrick, SE