Wood Shear Walls

Ok, the subject is back.

I recently received a 3-story wood project.  It's a teen shelter shaped like
a house, 50'x60'.

The problem is that the architect is apparently into the "swiss-cheese"
look.  I can't find a single patch of wall more than 3ft wide extending from
the foundation to the roof.
None of the windows and doors line up.  Walls move in and out of plane.

Anyone know of a good reference for designing such a beast?

The walls will have to be designed as big shear walls with holes.  Is there
a reference for nailing patterns around the openings?  Does the UBC contain
this information.

Speaking of the UBC, the city where this is located is still using the 1991
UBC.

----
Jason W. Kilgore, P.E.
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.